[rrd-users] Re: plotting traffic usage, so easy, and yet so hard?

Leigh Sharpe lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au
Tue Jan 14 23:43:23 MET 2003

To have RRDTool imitate the old MRTG setup, you need to use COUNTER for your
datasources. If you are recording octets in/out on your NIC, and you are
able to produce a graph of the throughput, you are almost there. (you email
indicates that you have already done this much.) When printing the graph,
GPRINT a LAST on your datasource to get the current throughput.

Regards,
             Leigh

Leigh Sharpe
Network Systems Engineer