[rrd-users] Please, I want to understand why this doesn't work

Bas Rijniersce bas at brijn.nu
Thu Jan 16 21:33:00 MET 2003

Hello,

I have a ping RoundTrip Time RRD with MIN,MAX and AVERAGE. I want to plot all
of them in a graph.. The RRD deifinion

/usr/sbin/rrdtool create $tmpdir/$ARGV[0]_$ARGV[1].rdd --start $time --step 300
DS:rta:GAUGE:600:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10080 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:5:9000

A lot of the other RRA's stripped. But they are the same for the other CF's.

I can draw nice graphs with all three line, but as soon as I go lower then
120400 seconds before now, it only draws the last line (and I guess the rest of
them are exactly drawn below it (if the remove color it draws the one before).

Why? I expect to have 5m resolution for all CF functions.. The 120400 number to
me is completely arbitrary, it's not a muitlple of 300sec or something..

A reply would really be appreciated!

Bas