[rrd-users] Re: Please, I want to understand why this doesn't work

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jan 17 10:21:42 MET 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 09:33:00PM +0100, Bas Rijniersce wrote:

> I have a ping RoundTrip Time RRD with MIN,MAX and AVERAGE. I want to plot all
> of them in a graph.. The RRD deifinion
>
> /usr/sbin/rrdtool create $tmpdir/$ARGV[0]_$ARGV[1].rdd --start $time --step 300
> DS:rta:GAUGE:600:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10080 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:5:9000
>
> A lot of the other RRA's stripped. But they are the same for the other CF's.
>
> I can draw nice graphs with all three line, but as soon as I go lower then
> 120400 seconds before now, it only draws the last line (and I guess the rest of
> them are exactly drawn below it (if the remove color it draws the one before).

Hang on...  What you're saying is that *all*lines*are*drawn* but they overlap?

Look in the database and look at the values.  They *ARE* the same.

Excercise:

   What is the maximum of 100?
   What is the minimum of 100?
   What is the average of 100?

--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit