[rrd-users] Large config files

Andrew Werbowy Andrew_Werbowy at cbc.ca
Thu Jan 23 19:40:31 MET 2003

I am new to RRDTool. I have Cisco Catalyst 6513 with 198 GIBCs ports I need to monitor for in and out bytes. MRTG has no problem with generating and displaying 198 graphs, rrdtool is really struggling and never finishes before page refresh.  I believe mod_perl is running on apache 1.3xxxx. Box has 300MHz processor and 256meg of ram running on Red Hat 7.2.

Any ideas how to speed up to loading page process? Or maybe I am doing something wrong.
The whole purpose for me to move to rrdtool is so I can get 2 years of history.

thanks for all the help.

Andrew