[rrd-users] newbie: MAX values not corresponding over time

John-Paul Delaney John-Paul.Delaney at wfp.org
Wed Jan 29 10:49:49 MET 2003

Hello List...

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched around but didn't
find/understand any answer that clarified the situation for me.

I'm using directly the 'real world example' from the rrd tutorial but I'm
graphing the MAX values instead of the AVERAGE ones.

In the resulting graphs,

        the MAX values for the month are higher than those for the week
(comparing the same time period on both graphs).
        the MAX values for the year are higher than those for the month
(again comparing the same time period on both graphs).

I expected the MAX values to be the same in the week, month, and year
graphs - as the MAX value is not an average, and has the same value
whichever way you look at it (i.e. week,month,or year).

Am I completely misunderstanding the concept, or is it more likely that my
own configuration is the problem?

thanks
/j-p.