[rrd-users] Re: How does rrdtool behave if I store 5-minute-values for one year?

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Thu Jan 30 16:15:57 MET 2003

I see that a lot in the mailing list, an argument like: "rrdtool is a
logger, not a drawing tool".
The drawing engine of rrdtool is great though.

Although questions like "I want to store only 5 minute samples" or "I
want to log exact values, not interpolated ones" seems more logical to
do in *sql, storing in a rrd makes the graphic drawing engine available
to you.

It's hard to write such a versatile engine for yourself based on
something like gd, gdgraph, gdchart and the likes.
I'd go for rrdtool on this one.

Serge.