[rrd-users] Re: Integrating Oracle with RRDTOOL

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 3 15:27:37 MEST 2003

At 23:49 2003-07-02, Lozovsky, Daniel wrote:
 >Thanks Reed for your reply.
 >Let me clerify what I am asking.  I am trying to query the oracle database
 >on the fly and create graphs based on the selected data using rrdtool.  I am
 >trying to find out how to setup rrdtool to accomplish this task.  I do not
 >want to keep redundant data in rrdtool but point the tool to generate graphs
 >directly from the data in the Oracle database.
 >
 >Is this possible? If so, how?

No.  You would have to create a temporary RRD, populate it with the
information of interest and generate the graph off that rrd.  It can be
done on the fly; I've done it.  You really want to make sure you clean up
those temp rrds, or you can run out of disk space really quickly with
significant data sets.

Thomas Erskine <thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca> +1.613.591.8490