[rrd-users] HRULE legend when out of range

Antoine Delvaux antoine.delvaux at belnet.be
Fri Jul 4 14:40:53 MEST 2003

Hello all,

I've been using RRDTool for more than 2 years now and have developped a PHP frontend to draw needed graphs on demand.

I made use of HRULE but I'm a bit disapointed at the recent developpement (1.0.42) regarding the suppression of the HRULE legend when the HRULE is not drawn because it's out of range.  I find the HRULE legend being useful, even when the rule is not drawn.

I know I could add some legend myself, but then the color box will not be present (or is there a way to print one ?).  And I don't want to CDEF another line because I don't want the graph to scale up to this upper limit line.

So could it be possible to add an argument when calling rrdgraph telling to print the HRULE legend even if the line is actually not drawn ?  I may be wrong, but I think maintaining backward compatibility is useful.

Thanks,

Antoine.

--
http://www.belnet.be                              Tel: + 32 2 790 33 33
BELNET Service Support Team                       Fax: + 32 2 790 33 34