[rrd-users] problems with mrtg-rrdtool-14all.cgi

bhumika joshi badmash_bhumika at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 07:37:08 MEST 2003

hi everybody ,
i ve been trying to integrate mrtg-rrdtool-14all.cgi to monitor the cpu utilization of a windows 2000 server.
the mrtg-rrdtool combination works fine .. i ve set the interval to 3 min .. at the moment , and its working perfect , i mean the rrd file is being updated every 3 minutes .. but the problem occurs when i try viewing the graphs using 14all.cgi , i ve made the required changes to the lines
--> use lib qw(/usr/local/mrtg-2/lib/mrtg2);
to use lib qw(c:\mrtg-2\lib\mrtg2);
and
--> use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.38/lib/perl);
use lib qw(c:\rrdtool\lib\perl-shared);
yes, i have tried the double slashes too , but that gives me some uncomprehendable errors. the program also works fine without uncommenting the very first line.
for this file i save it in the name of my original configuration file , at the command prompt run it using :
--> perl  -w filename.cgi
i get lines of html code , which i understand means that the cgi file is being executed .. and that the rrd file is being read . now when i try viewing this using internet explorer [ i have made whatever changes are required therein ] i get a page not found error ..
also for the html code generated above when i  open that using internet explorer .. i get a page but the graphs are missing ..
could someone please help me with this ..
i am using -
mrtg - 2.9
rrdtool 1.0.30
14all.cgi for mrtg 2.9