[rrd-users] Re: change data values in database

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 21 13:53:24 MEST 2003

Today Stefan Hotz wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to change the values which are already stored in the
> database ( or delete some values from a particular time ). I have some
> peaks in my graph. I know I can prevent that with the max parameter, but
> for some particular application I can not set the value ( very wide range
> from Bytes to MBytes )   I have read the archive but it seems that even
> with the xport and restore feature I can not change any values.

Stefan,

the simples approach is to edit the xml file, BUT you must make
sure that you do not introduce 'impossible data' because rrdtool
will not make sure that the data across different RRAs makes sense,
so if several RRAs list the peak then you must fix all of them ...

there is an option for restore where min and max get checked while
data is read ... this might be another option ...

if the peaks are real, you might also want to keep them and just
create a CDEF in the graphing part which tunes the data at that
stage ...

cheers
tobi

> Thanks
>
> stefan

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286