[rrd-users] front-end to monitor by snmp and scripts

Alejandro D. Garin linuxero2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 17:46:59 MEST 2003

Hello!

I'm working in a front-end that can monitor by SNMP (any mib) or by Scripts.
My idea is to share the program with all to make it better and would be great
if I could contact with people interested in test, help me to develop!!,
contribute with ideas, etc...

I use perl with some modules for the base programming.
Php4 for the interface to generate graphs
Postgresql as the database.
RRDTool of course :-)

What the program can do:

*Poll data (snmp or scripts) from diferentes points. You can configure
severals polling servers to get the data, located in diferents networks, the
only thing that is needed is access to the database.

*At this time I am polling some standards mibs (interfaces, host, udp, tcp)
and some for specific agents (net-snmp, cisco2900 switch, microsoft mib)

*A nice interface to generate the graphs.

Someone interested to help?
You can ask me any question about the front-end.

thanks for reading.
--
Alejandro D. Garin