[rrd-users] Re: Total num bytes graph solved (i think)

Mats Pettersson mog.pettersson at telia.com
Tue Jun 24 19:50:53 MEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex van den Bogaerdt" <alex at ergens.op.het.net>
To: "RRD Users" <rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 12:47 PM
Subject: [rrd-users] Re: Total num bytes graph solved (i think)

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 05:10:08PM +0200, Mats Pettersson wrote:
>
> > I know someone called Chris here who posted the subject *shrugs* had a
> > similar problem. I don't quite know how accurate my graph is (i'm not
> > confident with my mathematical skills :), but i think it match my
traffic
> > ok. I actually did as Chris suggested using PREV in a CDEF, but i
discovered
> > that since the first PREV is unknown the rest of the calculation fails,
so i
> > just added a test and replaced PREV with 0 if PREV was unknown, as
follows:

> Sigh.  How many times do I need to post this?

Sorry, but I think we have misunderstood eachother. The total MB transferred
i have solved thanks to your previous post. The problem i'm at here is
producing a climbing graph over a period of time also using the same already
existing RRD. I.o.w if i have a graph from mon-sun (weekly) and let's say i
have transferred 10MB on monday and 0 MB on tuesday and 20 MB on wednesday,
i would like the graph to climb to 10MB on monday and *stay* on 10 over
tuesday and then climb further up to 30 MB (10MB +20MB) on wednesday, and so
on.

The graph would always climb but never reach zero again unless i have no
traffic that whole week.

The reason i posted this here is like i said i never saw any answer to Chris
question other than ~"don't know", so i wanted to share my solution.

Heres an example:
http://w1.232.telia.com/~u23204899/total_weekly.png

Mats