[rrd-users] Re: Total num bytes graph solved (i think)

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Jun 24 22:33:45 MEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:50:53PM +0200, Mats Pettersson wrote:

> > > I know someone called Chris here who posted the subject *shrugs* had a
> > > similar problem. I don't quite know how accurate my graph is (i'm not
> > > confident with my mathematical skills :), but i think it match my
> traffic
> > > ok. I actually did as Chris suggested using PREV in a CDEF, but i
> discovered
> > > that since the first PREV is unknown the rest of the calculation fails,
> so i
> > > just added a test and replaced PREV with 0 if PREV was unknown, as
> follows:
> >
> > Sigh.  How many times do I need to post this?
>
> Sorry, but I think we have misunderstood eachother. The total MB transferred
> i have solved thanks to your previous post. The problem i'm at here is
> producing a climbing graph over a period of time also using the same already
> existing RRD. I.o.w if i have a graph from mon-sun (weekly) and let's say i
> have transferred 10MB on monday and 0 MB on tuesday and 20 MB on wednesday,
> i would like the graph to climb to 10MB on monday and *stay* on 10 over
> tuesday and then climb further up to 30 MB (10MB +20MB) on wednesday, and so
> on.

Ack.  Sorry I'm getting annoyed so easely over seemingly simple problems
with seemingly complex solutions.  This case was different.

You didn't just solve the "total amount of bandwidth used this week" problem,
your graph shows how it is reached.

> Heres an example:
> http://w1.232.telia.com/~u23204899/total_weekly.png

Nice graph, although I must say that the green you used hurts my eyes :)

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit