[rrd-users] OT: it's that time of the year again

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jun 27 12:10:54 MEST 2003

Hello,

It's that time of the year again.  Small children with
even more spare time than pimples need something to do
and decide to "write" a virus (read: they copy someone
else's code and pretend it's theirs).

They aren't too proud of their work so they decide to
send it out in someone else's name.  Many of you already
knew that, newbies are now also included.

If you receive a message from me, or from other regulars
on this list, be sure to examine the headers.  I do not
send you unsolicited executables, zip files or any other
email.  I'm sure this also counts for other regulars on
this list.  No matter what the subject line tells you,
such messages have nothing to do with your configuration.

There's no need to reply to such messages.  I did not send
it so I cannot help you.  Replies, including autoreplies,
go to us, not to the real sender.

The real sender is some poor bastard running windows 95 on
an unprotected DLS line.  Apart from the "Received: " lines,
nothing relates to the real sender of the message.

Please do not reply to this email.  Most certainly do not
discuss this subject on the list.  Thank you.

regards,
Alex