[rrd-users] Re: VLAN Traffic monitoring

Joost Stegeman stegeman at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 6 07:53:29 MET 2003

I think you need IOS12.2 for monitoring VLAN with SNMP. Do a snmpwalk on the
interfaces mib, you'll probably see the descriptions, but no counters. On
some IOS's even the descriptions aren't in the ifEntry table. This
functionality is included only in the latest IOS releases. You should see
ordinary ifInOctetst etc. for the VLAN interfaces.

Joost.