[rrd-users] Re: Newbie problem

Steve Robb steve_robb at cnt.com
Sun Mar 16 15:26:03 MET 2003

Think of it this way, if you have a measurement of 10 units in a 5 minute
period you think you would have the value 10 stored but the per second rate
would actually be 10/3600 = 2.7e-03. That's the value that gets stored since
everything gets stored as a per second rate.

MAX and LAST won't change the stored value, just the way it's aggregated.

Steve Robb