[rrd-users] IEEE math problem

Khalid Mahmood khalid at wtmeca.net
Mon Mar 17 13:12:51 MET 2003

Dear RRD Users,

I am trying to install RRD and having the following error when I run the
configure script:

checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

OS: Linux Redhat 7.1
Compiler Version: GCC 2.96
RRD Version: rrdtool-1.0.40

any help will be highly appreciated.