[rrd-users] Re: zig zag graph

ilclaudio at supereva.it ilclaudio at supereva.it
Fri Mar 21 13:18:42 MET 2003

In The "Options" field of the configuration file I haven't specified the data type. Because the documentation says that by default the data type is "counter".
In fact the reference manual of mrtg says:"In the absence of 'gauge' or 'absolute' options, MRTG treats variables as a counters and calculates the difference between the current and the previous value and divides that by the elapsed time between the last two readings to get the value to be plotted."

Besides the growth is not linear.
It grows like a zig zag and after falls down.

claudio