[rrd-users] SUM(), average- and maximum-line

Johannes Herlitz herlitz at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Mar 26 11:37:59 MET 2003

Hi,

I've created some (4 of them) firewall rules to count various kinds of
network traffic, a RRD with 4 ABSOLUTE DataSources (DS) [because I set
all counters to zero after I read them] and defined some (5) RRAs.
With this setup, I've been trying to graph the following three things
but didnt succeed so far (I'm wondering if the first one is possible at
all):

1.) display the SQL-like SUM() over the graphed time period (e.g. one
hour, day, week, ...) which is the total amount of bytes transferred
(not the traffic rate in Byte/s) with GPRINT under the graph

2.) a horizontal line in the graph indicating the average traffic rate
(Byte/s) over the graphed time period (like Jason Warnes did over a week
in
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/gallery/jason-01.html)

3.) same as 2.) with the maximum over the displayed time period

Any ideas?