[rrd-users] Re: Exporting historical data from RRD's

David Gethings davidg at pipex.net
Fri Mar 28 10:55:00 MET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 17:44, David Gethings wrote:
> Hi a newbie here so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> I'm an trying to find a way of exporting historical data from one RRD to
> another. However the number of RRA are different for each RRD. The
> orginal RRD has 7 RRA's (the ones that MRTG setup), the new RRD has 8
> RRA's.
It seems that a nights sleep has helped me see things more clearly. :) I
noticed a few flaws in the Perl code, corrected them, and am now getting
data in the new RRD. However the data is incorrect. To correct this I
need to undersand the formula used to put the data into the RRD. The
type is COUNTER.

I'm going to have a look at the source code, but I'm not a C programmer.
If anyone has the formula used to put the data into an RRD could they
please email me.

TIA

Dg