[rrd-users] Re: Graphing Total Bandwidth

Andre Miller andre.miller at blueriver.co.za
Thu May 1 11:36:28 MEST 2003

Thanks Serge,

I got something working using the method you suggested:

http://megaton.homeip.net/

The scripts used to create the rrd, populate the data and graph it is on:

http://megaton.homeip.net/rrd/

create.txt : used to create the rrd
getvars.txt : called every 5 minutes to update the data
graph.txt : used to create the graphs

Please note this is still very crude, I just wanted to get it up and running
as fast as possible.

The one graph that I cannot get get right yet is the "Bandwidth Usage This
Month". This doesn't have to be graph, all I need is a number showing the
total number of bytes that have been transferred between two different dates
(start being the beginning of the month, and end being the current time).

The reason for doing all this is that this specific ISP imposes a transfer
limit per month and I would like to track the usage hourly and daily and
have a running counter showing how much has been used this month.

Any suggestions?

-
Andre'