[rrd-users] Re: illegal instruction

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Tue May 6 13:28:09 MEST 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 10:26 am, Violetta J. Wawryk, all-connect GmbH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anybody help me? It's quite urgent.
>
> Since last night my script can't update my rrddatabases anymore. Somehow it
> just stopped and says "Illegal instructions". I didn't change anything and
> it worked for weeks.
>
> Has anybody an idea what could be wrong?
>
> Every tip is appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Violetta

Violetta
Does it just say illegal instruction ??
Don't know why I think it is time related !!!
Do you have the time set properly ??
Notice, RRDTool can't update in the past.
I mean sometimes the clocks get skewed, and your time is corrupted, then
RRDTool thinks it has already updated the rrddatabases already at the current
time, and won't update it again !!
Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky