[rrd-users] SNMP polling and graphing

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat May 10 23:27:45 MEST 2003

Hi,

A while ago I asked if anyone had a script to semiautomagically graph
routers and switches.

Erik de Mare helped me with some of his work but it did not work out to
well on the wild bunch of switches, routers and firewalls I used to test
the script.

Based on this script I have now created two scripts that are able to
handle most of the known devices I could test.

Is consist of a SNMP poller and a seperate grapher script. They have
locking to prevent duplicate runs that would tear down your system.

Well. To put it short: http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/traffic/index.html

If someone finds a device that can not handle all of the variables please
let me know how to work around them. At present I have a workaround for
Nokia IPSO as not all of the MIB variables are present.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.