[rrd-users] Re: traffic peak

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue May 27 00:32:57 MEST 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 07:39:55PM +0200, Diaz Freire, Alberto wrote:

> 	hi,
> 	 I have the following problem,
> 	When a shutdown in the router takes place, mrtg and rrdtool takes
> very high values and it distorts the graphs because a traffic peak is show.

Actually this peak occurs when the router starts up again.
Its counters will be reset, rrdtool finds that the value is
smaller than last time and will assume a counter wrap has
occured.

> 	How i can avoid this behavior ?

Search the archives for words like DERIVE, negative, peak.
I know I posted something not so long ago, adding my name
to the query might help.

cheers,
Alex