[rrd-users] Re: traffic peak

Iñaki Martínez sistema at euskal-linux.org
Tue May 27 16:51:35 MEST 2003

Hi Alex van den Bogaerdt!!!

 First of all, Thank you Alex very much!!!!

 And sorry for my ignorance..... I would like to understand rrdtool better.

> No, rrdtool tune filename   with no options.

 What does without options????

> > > Derive does not protect you from peaks.  Peaks happen.  Peaks
> > > are OK, you said so yourself ----> U(nlimited).
> >
> >  OK, then how to repair (more or less easyly) a peak????
>
> dump, edit, restore

 Sometime ago i tried to edit the dump but i was NOT abled, lots of data and
no idea where to modify/edit :-(

 Is there any doc/info to read which explains how to modify the dump??????

> -or-
> dump, change options (using rrdtool tune), restore

 Change options in the dump?????

 "rrdtool tune" can work on dumps?????

 Thanks Alex!!!!!