[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.0.45 and digitemp

Scott Lipcon slipcon at mercea.net
Mon Nov 10 21:30:19 MET 2003

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the latest version of rrdtool with the
temp-minmax.cgi that comes with digitemp 3.2 (www.digitemp.com, for
the rrd folks)

Everything worked fine using rrdtool 1.0.41, and probably older
versions too.  I upgraded to 1.0.45 last week (FreeBSD port was
finally updated) and the cgi script (which is really nothing more than
a simple wrapper around the RRD perl module) stopped working.  It
would spawn off a rrdtool process, and hang - no output was ever
created, and eventually the web server would kill the cgi script.

I don't see anything obvious in the rrd changelog.  I downgraded to
rrdtool 1.0.41, and it is working again.

I'm not really sure where the problem is - rrdtool itself isn't
broken, as a number of other scripts (custom, as well as mrtg and
smokeping) continued to work fine with 1.0.45.   However, I'm not sure
if any of them are using rrdtool via the perl interface.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.8, Perl 5.6.1 - if there is any other
information I can give to help track this down, please let me know.

Thanks,

Scott