[rrd-users] Faster tool to generate graphs using RRD files

Saravia, Jovanny - (Col) Jovanny.Saravia at attla.com
Mon Nov 10 22:23:14 MET 2003

Hi people,

2 years ago I used mrtg and log files to collect information in about 1000
targets. Due to this huge quantity of interfaces and variables to measure,
frequently I had loss of information.

When MRTG tried to poll, Normally the server was saturated, the snmpget took
a lot of time, and the logs files were broken or they had missed
information.

Then I migrate from mrtg to rrdtool and I never knew about loss information,
which was great !!. With this powerfull tool I could migrate to use only one
server instead of three to poll all my devices, which at this time were
aproximately 1300 Targets.

Now I have aproximately 11000 targets and rrdtool continues being fine to
poll the variables in this targets. But unafortunately another problem
appears:

Right now I have a lot of clients requesting the graphs via a personal
information system that I developed. I just built the link that allow the
customer to saw the measuring.

I am using mrtg-rrd.cgi to graph these rrd files. But due to the high volume
of request, the client experience a lot of time while the graph is being
generated. So, I am trying to change my frontend. I would like to hear of
the people in this list, which tool I could check in order to generate in a
faster way these graphs request from RRD files.

Any help will be so much appreciated.
        Jovanny Saravia

	ingeniero de Gestión, Seguridad y Calidad de red
AT&T Latin America
Colombia
UIN: 7393608

CONFIDENCIAL. La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial y sólo
puede ser utilizada por el individuo o la compañía a la cual está dirigido.
Si no es usted el destinatario autorizado, cualquier retención, difusión,
distribución o copia de este mensaje está prohibida y es sancionada por la
ley. Si por error recibe este mensaje, favor reenviar y borrar el mensaje
recibido inmediatamente.