[rrd-users] Errors in CGI's?: comparing 14all.cgi, routers2.cgi, mrtg-rrd.cgi

Steve Smith srsmith at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 27 00:32:04 MET 2003

Hi,
    I am using mrtg 2-10.5, rrdtool 1.0.45, and have been testing the above
three CGI's to verify their accuracy. All three use the same .rrd files. The
CGI's are also the latest versions of each.
I've notice that 14all.cgi and routers.cgi tend to agree with each other
most of the time, but mrtg-rrd.cgi. is always lower with respect to the
maximums, and differs with respect to average and current values.  The
differences are not a consistent percentage. This occurs with several
devices, an application, a switch, and a mail appliance. 14all provides
logging for the graph commands which helps, but I haven't had time to
capture the output other CGIs' graph commands so I'm not sure if they are
plotting the same ranges or not.

Note that I am using a 1 minute interval.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
    -Steve