[rrd-users] Re: Installing RRDtool

Jessie Shi jessie at freepeers.com
Thu Oct 23 00:24:52 MEST 2003

Hi,

I am a new user of RRDTool, and got the problem as follows. Any help
will be appreciated. Thanks.

I am using MS Windows XP and Activeperl 5.6.1. I followed the following
procedure:

1.       downloaded rrdtool-1.0.40.x86distr.zip-5.8.zip and unzip it to
C:\RRDTool.

2.       went in the perl-shared directory and type
                        ppm install rrds.ppd

3.       Then got the following error message:
Installing package 'rrds.ppd'...
Error installing package 'rrds.ppd': Read a PPD for 'rrds.ppd', but it
is not intended for this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

  Which build of perl it is talking about? I noticed that in
README-X86-NT.txt it mentioned perl 5.6 should be using. Does Activeperl
5.6.1 not work for it? If Perl 5.6 is the must, where can I get it?
Thanks a lot!

*       Jessie