[rrd-users] simple data collection script

Dayo Adeyeye dayo at ipnxnigeria.net
Wed Sep 3 21:21:05 MEST 2003

Hello,
Im setting up rrdtool to monitor some devices and im studying the rrdtutorial by Alex. I need some help since i have very little experience with scripting.........Alex gave the pseudo code in his tutorial. Can someone please help me with a simple perl scrip or shell script that can collect data for me. That is, I'll just insert my snmpwalk commands and execute the script so that it can collect data to fill a database I have created on a Linux RedHat 8 box.

Kind regards.

Dayo Adeyeye
IPNX MEDIA HOSTING LTD
(A division of IPNX NIGERIA LTD)
4 Balarabe Musa Cresent,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nigeria

+234-1-4619943-6 Ext. 1212

"When you have to determine why things went wrong, you need to know how they work"