[rrd-users] Re: Default community string and SNMP

Marek Dohojda marek.dohojda at linksys.com
Wed Sep 3 20:10:03 MEST 2003

Honestly that is not an easy thing.  The community strings are setup to be
security future.  You can of course run a sniffer and look into the packet
(the SNMP is clear text).

You can also run something like nmap and look for the port open as well.

The most default community strings are : public, private.
You can try these out first.