[rrd-users] Re: line breaks with shared rrd

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Wed Sep 17 13:23:29 MEST 2003

> I don't believe that the "\n" is a possible escape sequence
> for either the PRINT or GPRINT statements.  What I've had to do in order to
> get a line break between items is add a couple of "COMMENT:\\s" fields
> like.

You can put the formatting characters in gprint, print and comment statements.
It is restricted to 1 per statement, though. If I need to, like two newlines,
I put one in the gprint statement and one in a comment.

Within perl and within the bash shell, backslashes are eaten if the string is surrounded by double quotes.
The trick is to either use single quotes or escaped backslashes in double quotes.

So: print "\\n" does the same as print '\n'

Serge.