[rrd-users] linear least squares?

Eyer Michael Michael.Eyer at khe.siemens.de
Wed Sep 17 15:36:45 MEST 2003

Aloha Compadres,

i need to graph linear least squares, it's part of
a Trend Analysis. I've done a "moving average" from
this post:
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/rrd-users/msg02023.html

But thats not what i exactly need. I have 2 DS in
each *.rrd of monitoring a few interfaces.
After the Aggregation of various rrds i get 3 graphs.
Summ of INCOMING, Summ of OUTGOING and the Summ of both
togehter. Now i need to make a trend analysis of at
least the aggregation graph. I've searched the
List but found nothing exept the "moving average".
Exporting the rrd data to an other programm is not an
Option. A perl/bash script would be nice, the best solution
indeed is with the "rrdtool graph" directly.

At the moment im fighting with the math of this Problem
to understand the basics of a trend analysis, so if anyone
has done this before or has a solution/idea ... :)

btw. all possible solutions for trend analysis are welcome,
maybe i can keep my boss happy with an other approach. :)

Regards,

Michael

PS: I've someone would help and couldnt understand my english,
so i would be gratefull to explain it to him in german :)