[rrd-users] Rrddtool and Winwdows 2000

Gustau gespinosa at impala-net.com
Wed Sep 17 16:25:02 MEST 2003

Hi,
I have a problem: I got version .0.40.x86distr.zip-5.8.zip and I unzipped it
in directory C:\Archivos de Programa\Rrddtool\ . I read file README-x86-NT
and point 2 of document is saying:

how to install
- first of all, you must have a working Perl 5.6
(http://www.activestate.com)
- go in the perl-shared directory and type
 ppm install rrds.ppd
- the other application (rrdtool.exe, rrd_stats.exe, rrdcb.exe, rrdcgi.exe)
are usable as is.

Ok, I got file ActivePerl-5.8.0.806-MSWin32-x86.msi and I installed it with
the options but following error is appearing:

Error: neither
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ActiveState/PPM//InstallLocation' nor
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/ActiveState/PPM//InstallLocation' found in
registry at C:\Archivos de programa\ActivePerl\Perl\bin/ppm.bat line 29.

What is happening ???

I follow the procedure:"following  following following  accept" and I see
that any different option is available then, why problem is arising?
Is there anyone that can help me?  It would great if someone is writing in
spanish....

Thanks,

Gustau Espinosa de los Monteros Miguel

Dpt. Enginyeria de Comunicacions