[rrd-users] Re: [rrd-developers] feeding rrd with not time sequenced argus data.

txemi txemi2 at euskalnet.net
Mon Sep 29 13:58:03 MEST 2003

from homepage at http://www.qosient.com/argus/

"Welcome to the Argus Open Project, home of Argus, the network Audit
 Record Generation and Utilization System.  The Argus Open Project is
 focused on developing network activity audit strategies that can do
real work for the network architect, administrator and network user."

If you find it difficult to understand i will tell you that it is a kind
of tcpdump but instead of reporting packet level data it report
transaction level data (tcp connection, icmp session...); so instead of
seeing a lot of packets you see much more reduced and clear information
about tcp connections, etc. It is useful for network activity monitoring
and so. I think rrd was initially made for work with that tool, and
later rrd was abstracted from that to draw any type of information, so I
thought It would be easy to make what I need.

txemi.

--
< hola, soy una firma horrible >

mail: txemi <txemi2 at euskalnet.net>