[rrd-users] Re: feeding rrd with not time sequenced argus data.

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 29 12:13:55 MEST 2003

At 05:40 2003-09-29, txemi wrote:

 >Hi, I am trying to draw argus data with rrdtool, and I found next
 >problem:
 >
 >- rrdtool needs data periodically sequenced.
 >- argus gives me transaction data when some transaction is finished.

Assuming that you don't mind rrdtool doing some interpolation, there's no
problem.  You need to set the heartbeat to some value large enough to
ensure that you will get at least one update from argus.  Set the step time
to whatever resolution seems reasonable for the average update interval
from argus.

Thomas Erskine <thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca> +1.613.591.8490