[rrd-users] Re: The old "illegal attempt to update" problem

nate rrdtool at aphroland.org
Tue Aug 17 07:01:04 MEST 2004

C. Bensend said:

>    Or am I an idiot and I'm missing something fundamental?  I did search
> for this answer before emailing the list, so hopefully I didn't miss the
> answer to this...

> last_update = 1092712700

that date indicates

Mon Aug 16 20:18:20 2004

while one of the data points your trying to input to RRD translates
to(1064725199):
Sat Sep 27 21:59:59 2003

not knowing exactly what your trying to do, I would think you
may be able to solve the problem by re-creating the RRD and
specifying the --start option to go back to the time when you
want to start collecting data.

RRD won't update data points in the past as far as I know.

hope this helps

nate