[rrd-users] Re: MAX doesn't work as expected: peaks are filtered

Cristian Ghezzi rrd-users01 at ghezzi.net
Tue Aug 17 16:00:07 MEST 2004

If I got it right, the way MAX/MIN works is a design decision then. Why
was it so hard to say so?

I still don't see why it should be wrong or hard to keep the actual
max/min value instead of just an average, and I'm not willing to dig the
mail archives searching for the answer tha Alex is keeping to himself,
so I will just accept things as they are and adopt a workaround.

Thank you for your time.

Cristian Ghezzi

P.S.
My comments were intended to help make rrdtool better (from my point of
view of course). I don't see why Alex is taking this matter so
personally. "The difference between you and me", dear Alex, should not
matter to this mailing list, and it sure doesn't matter to me.