[rrd-users] Re: how to get a step of 60

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Aug 19 10:53:05 MEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:30:20AM +0200, M. Possamai wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to create an rrd with a step of 60 but for some reason rrdtool
> will not let me use that value.
> Sure it builds the rrd..
> but the step is wrong..

No, the step is not wrong.  You are asking for a certain amount of
data and RRDtool is answering to the best of its abilities.  There
is only two hours worth of data in the 60-second RRA so if you are
asking for more than two hours, RRDtool has no other choice than to
select another RRA.

In general:  RRDtool is NOT doing anything wrong.  You are, because
you did not read or understand the documentation.  And yes, this is
true for many new users that come bashing this list with remarks like
"rrdtool is wrong", "the step is wrong", "rrdtool is misleading".

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If