[rrd-users] Re: how to get a step of 60

Cristian Ghezzi rrd-users01 at ghezzi.net
Thu Aug 19 11:11:26 MEST 2004

What Alex means to say is that if you see a step of 900 it means that
values are being fetched from the second RRA, because 900 = 60 * 15.
If you want to see the data at a finer granularity, you might need to
specify the appropriate value for --start and --end in the fetch command.
For example, "fetch test.rrd --start -600" would ask for the last 10
values, fetching data from the first RRA.
Alex is also suggesting that you read the manual page about the fetch
command, because the above is quite well explained.
Finally, Alex is not mad at you for your legitimate question, he is just
still upset with me for my recent messages about the "unexpected"
behaviour of the "GAUGE + MAX" option, which is a matter still
unresolved. So, don't let him scare you and keep asking questions. :-)

Regards

Cristian