[rrd-users] rddtool, cacti and device replacement

bombadil bombadil at despammed.com
Fri Feb 6 13:03:20 MET 2004

Hi,
I am using rrdtool 1.0.46 with cacti 0.8.5 to create bandwidth usage
graphs for the the ports of my ethernet switch.

One of the port of my switch failed and I am going to replace it with an
new one, same model and same configuration (I'll copy it over from the
current switch).

The counter values will start at zero for the new switch.

I don't want to have rrdtool think that the counter wrapped and create
huge spikes in the graph.

What is the best way to have rrdtool/cacti take into account for the
device replacement?

Is it feasible at all or should I star over with new rrd database files?

Thanks in advance.