[rrd-users] Re: Consolidation many RRDs to 1 RRD

Chan Chi Hung chihung at mc-3.org
Fri Feb 20 09:21:54 MET 2004

Hi Richard,

I tried to create a Tcl script w/ tdom extension (www.tdom.org) to parse
all the rrd dumps and consolidate the results. It is slow and not
efficient in this way. The rrd graph with DEF and CDEF is very fast and
efficient in processing and summarising all these info.

It may be the XPath queries that take up most of the computation time
and I do not have time to explore further. What I did now is to that
while I am collecting the data and feeding them into rrd, I do some
calculation and consolidate the result in a new rrd file.

--Chi Hung

--

CHAN CHI HUNG
Managed Computing Competency Centre