[rrd-users] Re: Graphing Netflow Data, check out this site.

mrugan mrugan at softhome.net
Sun Feb 22 01:34:24 MET 2004

RRD cannot monitor. ?! :)
since NetFlow/sFlow is about traffic on different kind of ip protocols
a protocol marks always a port ... so u can ... collect data and graph
it.
i've beed quein' the web for such an article/whitepaper/tutorial
regarding NetFlow/sFlow data monitoring...on linux...

is any1 outthere using ntop [as NetFlow/sFlow data exporter] / cflowd
/ {maybe the only softwarez that does that ... ?!} in conjuncion with NeTraMet
or any1 using anykind of monitoring tool that is capable of exporting
this kind of datagrams? do u graph them?
help. _o/ ; packets are after me.

PAM> Rick,
PAM> What about monitoring port stats?  Can RRD monitor port utilization and in
PAM> turn, can RRD provide a graph or can you somehow grab those stats from
PAM> Netflow, since it's monitoring packets/traffic?
PAM> -Patricia

>> Hello RRDtool users.
>>
>> If anyone out there is collecting netflow data from their Cisco router,
>> or any netflow export device.  Check out this website. If you would like
>> to, we have clear instructions on how to configure a device that tracks
>> bandwidth for each IP on your network.  The best part of the project is
>> the PHP driven frontend which allows you to view graphs for many aspects
>> of your network in a custom time frame.
>>
>> It uses RRDtool as its backend to store the data and also to graph.
>>
>> This is useful for datacenters, universities, offices, or just plain
>> enthusiasts.
>>
>> Let me know what you think!
>> http://netflowguide.com
>>
>> Rick Blundell