[rrd-users] Re: Installing Rrd package for tcl

Chan Chi Hung chihung at mc-3.org
Tue Feb 24 10:34:55 MET 2004

I have no problem in getting rrd to work with Tcl 8.3 and Tcl8.4 on my
RH and Solaris

You may have missed the following step:
Your make install only install RRD not Tcl RRD package. You need to 'cd
tcl' directory to do a 'make' and 'make install'. If your prefix is
/usr/local, you should see
/usr/local/lib/librrd.a
/usr/local/lib/libtclrrd<version>.so
/usr/local/lib/libtclrrd<version>/pkgIndex.tcl

RRD and TclRRD are really good. I am happy that they provide Tcl binding
for RRD.
--

CHAN CHI HUNG
Managed Computing Competency Centre