[rrd-users] Re: Creating multiple DS in batch mode

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Feb 25 10:00:14 MET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:51:56AM +1100, Stephen Cheung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to create multiple Data Sources (2048 - is there a limit?) for a
> single rrd file, but I I can't figure out what the best way to do it

> I know how to create multiple rrd files with individual DS, but that means
> too many files

You should really think twice to the power of two before doing this.

Sure, it may be easy to create an RRD with 2048+ DSes.  Maybe you have
2048 cable modems or so you want to monitor.  But what if this number
changes.  Are you going to add or remove DSes?

What is this OS that cannot cope with 2048 files? Or what other problem
are you having?

Alex
--
begin  sig