[rrd-users] Re: My firs rrd - please help :)

Moyaze Shivji moyaze at mail.bada-bing.org.uk
Fri Feb 27 08:35:18 MET 2004

I had this problem in the week.

I was told to use

--lower-limit 1 --upper-limit 500 for the y-axis.

To measure over a 25 hour period I would sugesst taking 288 samples....I
think that works out as 1 sample every 300 seconds (i.e.5 minutes).

something along the lines off :

/usr/bin/rrdtool create file.rrd --start 'epoch time'
BDS:numbers:GAUGE:600:U:U RRA:A
VERAGE:0.5:1:288

Hope this helps.

(aka RRD Newbie)