[rrd-users] reasonable maximums

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Jan 1 08:14:09 MET 2004

Hi, I was unsure of how my graphs would be built initially, as I'm
monitoring ipfw rules with a theoretical limit of 100 megs (although in
theory the loopback can go faster, we'll assume it won't).

It probably doesn't matter, but my counters return bytes, but the standard
seems to be bits, so I'm multiplying the data * 8.

With this in mind, what should I set my maximum as?  Is it as simple as
100 * 1024 * 1024 (104857600) or am I missing something that'll bite me
in the behind later?

Thanks, and happy new year.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"You're a daddy.  I'm a mommy.  She's our baby.  Deal with it."

-Cali, 11/7/02, about 1:35 AM