[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool lying about data values

Milan Obuch milan.obuch at bluegrass.sk
Fri Jan 2 11:19:12 MET 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 10:08, Pavel Ruzicka wrote:

> I was this problem too. This is bug in --alt-y-mrtg option in RRDTool.
> This bug is in --alt-y-grid option too, but there are not much visible.
> This bug is in all versions of rrdtool (tested to 1.0.45) where this
> command is implemented. With some values is problem visible more, with
> other values is visible less, but it's still here.

Actually, this problem is somewhere in rrdtool core, or better said, in math
with non-integer numbers. There are always rounding errors in this case, this
causes some computations to go wildly off...

> I report this before few months, but nobody have time to repair it :-(

Well, I keep trying to find solution for this problem, however, I had nearly
no time to do it until now. Maybe I can do something now, however, I must
first study the code once again.
Milan