[rrd-users] R: Re: Add output from different interfaces into one DS

Simone Felici - Alpikom Spa s.felici at alpikom.it
Wed Jan 14 10:16:31 MET 2004

Hello!

REALLY thank's for the answer but this isn't what I need or better I would
know HOW I can do it. Maybe at the end if it's really better create one RRD
for each interface and I'll do it. I haven't problems to collet informations
for ONE interface and create a graph. My problem is to collect incoming
traffic from many interfaces (more or less 150 interfaces) via SNMP on a
Cisco device (Also SNMP COUNTER32) and store these informations into ONE DS.
Example:

Via SNMP I get 150 values -incoming traffic- of 150 interfaces (the same for
the outgoing traffic) and I would create only ONE RRD-File with only TWO DS
containing each the SUM of the incoming and outgoing traffic. I need to
create a graph showing me the TOTAL traffic of all lines.

Question:

Can I collect the informations into one DS type COUNTER?
But if I sum all values I've taken via SNMP the result is higher than the
32bit COUNTER and also how will interpret RRD-Tool the input? Maybe in a
COUTER64bit? But It isn't!  @_@ This is an example of ONE VALUE of the 150
interfaces taken via SNMP:
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.9.9.66.1.1.1.1.4.7.10.105 =
Counter32: 1424900591 I've to add the remaining interfaces too and store
into one DS in rrd file.

Any suggestion?

Thank's!!!

Byebye