[rrd-users] Re: problem building rrdtool-1.1.x

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 21 08:37:49 MET 2004

Yesterday Eric Ho wrote:

> Thx much Tobi.
> I've changed the value to the -I flag, no help there.
> If automake 1.8 could be a prob, which version would you recommend ?

I don't recommend anything ... I try to keep the code up which what
auto* does ... currently I am still using 1.79

> So, is the beta snapshot, at:
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/beta/?M=D

yep it contains a configure script

> ??
> Just curious, the Holt-Winters patch from Jake was submitted back
> in 2001.  So, why would this piece of code still in beta dir and not
> put into the main branch ?
> I know that there is a split between 1.0.x and 1.1.x - probably
> due to the Holt-Winters code but shouldn't we have a stable
> branch for this already ?

Holtwinters makes incompatible changes to the file format ... which
means that old rrdtools will not be able to read the files ...

in the meantime many other changes have gone into the dev branche
... but I do not yet feel confident as to releasing it ... I have
not had much time to spend on the thing lately ... any nobody else
seems to be THAT interested that they themselfes would do it, or
pay me to do it ...

cheers
tobi

--